Reset A Brother Printer After A Toner Cartridge Refill
After refilling a toner cartridge it sometimes doesn’t want to recognize that the toner is full even if the toner has been refilled and the gears “reset”.
It continues to show “Toner Low”.
Here is the way that I have found to fix this problem.
Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps:
- Turn off printer.
- Hold the “Go” button while turning on the printer.
- After 3 seconds release the “Go” button.
- In the display [user mode] will appear.
- Press the “Go” button NINE times.
- The WiFi light will flash once.
- Press the “Go” button five times.
- Close the front cover.
Now the toner is reset and should show “Ready” in the screen.
Optional: You can print a status page by pressing the “OK” button 3 times (note: that this uses about 3 sheets of paper to print), the status pages that printed should show the toner reset back to 100%.
I have tested this and works on Brother Printers Model Numbers:
May work on other models also, if you know of another model that it works with, leave a comment and I will update the list to reflect that. Thanks for reading.